What is account recovery for?
When you create an account via BeeAnon, @beeanon is marked as your trustee. This means that only @beeanon may recover your account.
Account recovery works by the trustee verifying that the account holder is legitimate through means such as photographs with paper timestamps, or other social media accounts related to the Steem account.
This only works if you have a previous password or owner private key. If you have lost your password there is no way for us to recover your account. The purpose is to recover compromised accounts e.g. after you have entered your key on a phishing website, or have been infected with a password stealer
How can I recover an account through BeeAnon?
You will need to prepare the following pieces of information:
- The last password and/or owner private key (beginning with 5, not STM) used for your account prior to compromise
- Your account username, for example @someguy123
- One item from Category 1, or as much as possible from Category 2. If you have any concerns about the
evidence you are providing from Category 1, please prepare evidence from Category 2 to help speed up
CATEGORY 1 (CHOOSE ONE ITEM)
- A verification photo showing your account name, "BeeAnon", and the current date on a piece of paper. The photo must be of something clearly visible on your account blog - send us the link to the post showing the previous photo/video, this could be a photo of yourself, a pet, or of a unique object in your house which you have shown on your blog.
- If you paid for your account using STEEM from a standard steemit account (not an exchange), you may supply the above verification photo for the payee account (For example, if you used your personal account to purchase an account for a bot, community/company account etc.), as long as there is a clear relation between the two accounts (e.g. we will not accept verification from your friend who created your account, unless it is absolutely clear that this is authorized by the original account holder)
- Your BeeAnon order ID, or the memo/address used to pay for the account
- Verification from other friends on Steemit that you are legitimate, and/or from highly trusted individuals such as witnesses in the top 20 ranks
- Any other information that you think would assist in verifying that you are the owner of the account
Once you have obtained the required evidence, please send it to anonsteem [at] someguy123 [dot] com - make sure "Account Recovery" is in the subject as this will result in the email being flagged as high priority.
If you have any concerns about the speed of the recovery, or if you think email was not received, you may contact Someguy#0123 via Discord (PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT VIA DISCORD FOR NON-URGENT MATTERS)
Discord Notes: To be able to PM me, you need to be in a server that I'm in, such as PAL (Steem MinnowSupport Chat ran by @aggroed, @crimsonclad @ausbitbank, myself and others). Again, if your problem is not clearly an emergency, do not expect an immediate response.
What happens after I send you the details?
- Once we have read your request, we will review the evidence you have provided
- If there are any concerns about the evidence provided, we will make suggestions on additional details you can provide
- After the evidence has been approved, we will generate a new owner key for the account, and attempt to perform an account recovery
- If the owner key or password you provided does not work, we will contact you so that you may re-check and re-send the password or owner private key
- Assuming that your last key/password works, we will finalize the account recovery, and send you a new owner key to log into your account via an encrypted self-destructing message
- Due to restrictions on changing your password after recovery, you will be requested to wait 1 hour before attempting to log in, otherwise you will not be able to change your password or log into the account.
Is it possible to change my account recovery trustee to someone else?
YES - unfortunately there are no easy tools for this at the moment, but with a little technical experience you can change your account trustee to someone else. This could be a friend (who understands the technical process to recover an account), or another account service provider such as @steem. The process takes 30 days to complete for security. Please read the following article by @themarkymark for more details
Once you have changed your trustee, all recovery requests must be made through them. BeeAnon cannot help you if you have changed your trustee to another person or company